Report shows that it is increasingly expensive to keep museums open to public. Find the best way to fund museums among these funding possibilities—governments, businesses, individuals. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
1. 此题是新题，新在提问方式，常规的提问方式一般是讨论类的三种,包括：To what extent do you agree or disagree, Do advantages outweigh disadvantages, Discuss both views and give your own opinion以及报告类。突然遇到这种考题，很多同学怕是要秃了，我们试着改编下这个题目Some people think museums should be financially supported by governments, while Others think they should find financial support from other resources like business or individuals. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.改完之后的题目是不是相对顺眼多了？
3. 此题审题的难点在于best的限定，剑八有道类似的题对于best的考察，Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective?
1. We live in cities or towns which have museums displaying objects of historical and cultural importance, but people do not visit them; why do you think people do not visit museums in their local areas? Why museums are important to society?
2. An increasing number of museums tend to charge admission fees from tourists rather than providing service free of charge. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
3. Some people think that museums are getting less important, when people can have access to information on the Internet, to what extent do you agree or disagree?
Many museums have been faced with financial problems over the past years of recession and lagging economic recovery. As it is increasingly expensive to maintain museums, sufficient money must be raised from both government sources and private (either businesses or individuals) donations, in order to keep them open to public.
Investment from governments must form a bigger proportion of the income of many museums at different levels. As a major way to fund museums, the public sector should always do more, and there may be no substitutes for the government support for museums, especially in the long-lasting financial crisis when that government support is more urgently needed. Although, in the face of such adversity, museums have shown great resilience and creativity in generating new sources of revenue, those troubled institutions can only be sustained with stronger government backing. Considering that museums preserve a country’s collective memory for future generations, the importance of public funding in museums could never be overestimated.
Private donations also occupy an important part in keeping a museum, especially when government funding is limited. This way of funding can be done by providing money for new programs and spaces, as well as giving works of art as gifts to the museum’s collections. The museums may in turn tailor themselves to the needs of the donors by affording certain privileges to them, including the right to use the museum’s space to hold some special events such as promotion campaigns. This has given rise to complaints and worries in the general public that receiving individual donations may leave the museums ruined.
In my view, among all the funding possibilities, government funding should always remain the best way of operating a museum, because it can ensure the maximum independence of the museum as an institution to educate the public. Donations from the private sector are necessary only when the museum cannot obtain sufficient support from the government and are acceptable only on condition that they do not interfere with the public roles of the museum.
1. As it is increasingly expensive to maintain museums, sufficient money must be raised from both government sources and private (either businesses or individuals) donations, in order to keep them open to public.
解析：as引导原因状语从句，increasingly相当于more and more, be raised被筹集， in order to do sth作为目的状语。Maintain意为维持，sufficient意为充足的，同义词有adequate，abundant，fraught等。
2. Although, in the face of such adversity, museums have shown great resilience and creativity in generating new sources of revenue, those troubled institutions can only be sustained with stronger government backing.
解析：although引导让步状语从句，in the face of such adversity为插入语的用法，troubled作为前置定语，be sustained被维系，被维持。Adversity意为逆境，resilience意为弹性、弹力，source of revenue意为收入来源，institution意为机构，generate意为产生。
3. Donations from the private sector are necessary only when the museum cannot obtain sufficient support from the government and are acceptable only on condition that they do not interfere with the public roles of the museum.
解析: only when引导时间状语从句，are acceptable和are necessary为并列结构，on condition that意为在...条件下。Obtain意为获得，interfere with妨碍、干预。